California RV Specialists is always looking for and accepting applications for full time positions. We are looking for RV Technicians, Hitch & Towing Technicians, Parts & Service Counter, Trainees for all positions, General Helpers and Lot Porters. If you’re tired of the dealership lifestyle and looking for a good home, come drop by and see us.
Get Trained to be an RV Technician!
We are willing to train and teach you this valuable trade. Come learn to repair and maintain interior and exterior components on motorhomes, travel trailers and fifth wheel trailers. As an RV technician you will learn to install, diagnose, repair, replace, maintain, and modify anything on an RV.
What Does an RV Service Technician Do?
If you’re the type of person that enjoys being a jack-of-all-trades,and you’re over doing the same thing day-in-and-day-out, this might be the right field for you. When you work on RVs, you’ll learn how to work in multiple fields, such as:
- RV Appliance Repair – Refrigerators, Water Heaters, Furnaces and Air Conditioners
- Automotive & Pickup Truck Accessories – Hitches, Tow Vehicle Setup, Suspension Upgrades
- Carpentry – Handle both interior and exterior of RVs, and modification
- Flooring – Carpet and Laminate
- Connectivity – Internet, Wifi, Routers, Cellular Boosters
- TV – Antennas, Satellites and Streaming Service
- Electrical – AC and DC Voltage, Lighting, Outlets, Deep Cycle Batteries, Converters and Inverters
- Generator – Basic Repair and Minor Maintenance
- HVAC – Ducting Repairs and Modifications
- Paint/Decal – Minor Paint and Body Repairs, Impact or Water Damage
- Plumbing – Fresh Water, Gray Water and Black Waste System, Faucets, Toilets and Filters Systems
- Propane Gas Components – LP Regulator, LP System, Safety and Accessories
- Metalworking – Aluminum Sheeting, Welding, Frames, Axles, Hitches and Misc
- Solar System Infrastructure – Basic Systems to Fully Off Grid Systems
- Awnings – Power Awnings and Slide Out Toppers
- Leveling Jacks – Power and Hydraulic
- Roofing and Body – Repairs and Maintenance
- Much more…
Learn from the best in the industry
There is simply no better RV training out there when it comes to hands on, our shop is filled with tools and experienced RV techs. We provide onsite training, top suppliers provide on site training, access to online training and more.
Your typical RV dealership will focus on selling RVs, not upgrading, repairing and maintaining them.
As an RV technician at California RV Specialists, we’ll provide you with a safe workplace that’s free from unnecessary distractions, and you’ll work with a great team that includes business owners, service manager, service advisors, shop foreman, apprentices and other RV technicians.
We operate as a family unit. “ Our work environment demonstrates caring for employees, which benefits us all and the business.
If you’re tired of the dealership lifestyle and looking for a good home, come drop by and see us.
Please e-mail your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Owner
Here is a little background on Dustin Simpson, he has worn many hats in the RV industry through the years. From an RV Technician, Warranty Administrator, Parts Administrator, Parts Manager, Service Manager and as a Business Owner. Dustin has even been deemed an RV Expert by the California court system, working on behalf of the customers, dealers, and manufacturers.
Dustin’s repair facility has been servicing customers at the same location since 2003. What sets us apart from the dealerships is we are here to fix and maintain what you have, and not sell you a new one. Whether you own a million-dollar unit or an entry level, my message to you will be the same, it needs to be maintained.
One of the keys to success is Dustin loves learning and sharing his knowledge with his customers and employees.
RVDA/RVIA/FGC Training Instruction
Below are some pictures of Dustin back in his Camping World days teaching RV technicians and training them for the RVDA/RVIA/FGC certification program. If you’re looking for hands-on RV technician training, there is no better place to start than here!