Whether you had a water leak, stain on your carpets or you simply want to update the look of your unit, replacing your flooring is an option!
HOW MUCH DOES RV FLOOR REPLACEMENT COST?
- Our labor rate is $175 per hour.
- Each RV floor replacement project varies. Determining factors include size, floor choice, slide-out(s), and pre-existing damage underneath, etc.
- Units without slide-outs will take approximately 20-40 labor hours ($3,500.00 – $7,00.00). Please note: this price does NOT include the cost of materials and shop supplies.
- Slide-outs: 6-12 additional labor hours per slide-out ($1050.00 – $2,10.00). Please note: this price does NOT include the cost of materials and shop supplies.
You can schedule a flooring consultation to get a personalized quote for your unit.
WHY DOES RV FLOOR REPLACEMENT COST SO MUCH?
Replacing RV flooring is NOT like replacing flooring in your house.
- Your house furniture is easily lifted and moved to another room or outside. RV furniture is bolted in place. After unbolting the furniture, for the most part it will be too large to fit through the entry door. Therefore, that furniture will remain inside, and our technician will move it from one side of the unit to the other as they work.
- Your RV has specially designed trim and facia that is delicate. These items must be removed and reinstalled very carefully. If we were to damage these items, we most likely cannot order a replacement.
- RV carpet is NOT installed like a house with a tack strip. Your carpet is either glued down OR it’s stapled in place with thousands of staples (literally, thousands) that need to be removed – one by one. Either way, removing your existing flooring is time consuming.
- Many times, there is unseen items (anchors, carriage bolts, large gaps in seams) underneath your existing flooring that need to be removed or addressed before your new flooring is installed.
WHY DO SLIDE-OUTS ADD SO MUCH ADDITIONAL LABOR?
Each unit is designed differently. EVERYTHING on a slide-out matters:
- How big is the slide-out?
- What’s in the slide-out?
- Why type of slide-out is it? (cable, hydraulic, electric)
- Depending on the answers to the above questions, CALRV may be able to hyper-extend the room in order to get to the flooring underneath or CALRV may need to have the slide-out room completely removed from the unit.
CAN I DO ANYTHING TO REDUCE THE COST?
YES! There are ways to reduce the cost of your RV floor replacement.
- Your new floor choice is a big deciding factor in your overall labor cost. It is far less time consuming for our technicians to install carpet or linoleum than it is to install a hardwood/laminate flooring that requires a technician to cut each plan, one by one.
- There is also preparation work you can contribute to that saves our technicians time. We will give you detailed instructions during your flooring consultation.
***DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY PREP WORK PRIOR TO A CONSULTATION. IF PREP WORK IS NOT COMPLETED CORRECTLY, IT MAY CAUSE ADDITIONAL LABOR HOURS FOR OUR TECHNICIANS***
I AM INTERESTED, WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS?
Please call (209) 263-7040 and schedule a RV Flooring Consultation. The consultation costs $200.00. This will be credited to your RV Floor Replacement project once booked.
Custom Vinyl Armstrong Flooring
Depending on the type of luxury vinyl floor you’ve chosen, installation instructions will vary. A few things to consider are the layout of your space, the condition of your subfloor, and the level of difficulty to install your chosen pattern. Armstrong has a acrylic grout that resists cracking, stains, and remains flexible during use and in travel. If you want peace of mind that your flooring is installed correctly, we recommend having a professional flooring installer.