Every Wednesday (that’s today!) we meet for a livestream called Talkin’ RV Tech. We not only answer technical questions, but we also share what we like to call “cool tools.” These are tools and gadgets that we actually use! We also believe they will be helpful to you. This captures one of our latest shares, all metal water heater tank rinser.
Utilizing a water heater tank rinser is key to maintaining your water heater. Whether you have a Suburban or Dometic water heater, sediment rests at the bottom of your tank. The only way to get it out is to disturb it at the bottom of the tank and flush it out. As Dave Solberg mentions, the drain valve is not at the very bottom of the tank. So simply draining the tank will not remove the sediment.
To use the water heater tank rinser, simply attach it to the end of a garden hose. Insert the rinser into the water heater drain, turn on the water flow and move the tank rinser back and forth to disturb and wash out all sediment from the water heater.
Common Replacement Parts
- Anode Rod for RV Water Heater Suburban
- Suburban 520900 Replacement Electric Water Heater Element Kit
- Suburban 232259 Electrical Element Switch – SW Series
- Suburban 232282 Switch Assembly
- SUBURBAN MFG 232306 Water Heater Thermostat Switch
- Pressure Relief Valve 1/2 inch
- Pressure Relief Valve 3/4 inch
- Water Heater Cam Lock
- Suburban 070874 Grommet, Black
- Suburban 070987 Gasket Thermostat Cover
- Pilot Assembly 161156 For Suburban SW
- Suburban SB010843 Burner with Orifice
Water Heater Tools
- All Metal RV Water Heater Tank Rinser
- Pressure Valve Remover
- Heating Element Socket
- Anode/Element Wrench
- Screw-in Element Wrench
More from Dustin
Read more of Dustin’s articles here.
Dustin owns and operates California RV Specialists, an independent RV repair shop located in Lodi, CA. He thrives on sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm of RV repair and maintenance with his team, customers, and virtual friends.
Be sure to check out his YouTube channel where he shares what’s going on in the shop and the product offerings in the store. Dustin is also very active on Facebook. Join his group, RV Repairs and Tips – What’s in the shop!
Dustin proudly operates the business alongside his wife, Ashley; but the true pair that run the show are their Boston Terriers, Arvie and Hitch.